Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I'm off to Texas

This time tomorrow I'll be on a plane to visit my sister in Texas. We will be attending a reunion of the school we attended in Japan.. She lives in Plano, and the reunion is in San Antonio. She is driving and will pick me up at the airport in Austin on her way. Then we'll continue to San Antonio together. I have no idea of the driving times involved.

I've been to Texas, but never to San Antonio. From what I understand, it's a lovely place to visit, and I'm looking forward to it.

Meanwhile, I've been in a bit of a slump about sewing. I did finish my 'Tis the Season quilt-about a week and a half ago, actually. I'm really happy with it. I ended up doing stitch in a ditch with no walking foot. It came out pretty well. I wish I could find that missing walking foot though.

Since then I've worked on my new kitchen curtains, and that's it. Still  a ways to go on them, and no pictures yet.

I'll be back from Texas next Tuesday, October 2. Then I need to get back to the kitchen curtains, the curious nature quilt, and some blocks for the Wicked Blog Hop (coming up in a few weeks-see my sidebar). I also have in mind a throw quilt as a belated wedding gift for my nephew and his new wife. I have the fabrics for that already, and would just need to purchase fabric for the backing.

4 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

your version of Tis the Season looks great.......

Sparky said...

let us know when you are back...you may have forgotten you were up for wicked today?

SIMPLESEW said...

I live in Arlington TX, about 50 miles from Plano, small world, San Antonio isnt that pretty but Austin does have a few places, spring would have been better for this trip but the company you will have will make up for it. Welcome to TX..

Denise :) said...

Oh -- I hope that you've not encountered bad damage from the storm -- when I saw you were from NJ, I realized that might have played a big part in why you're missing the Wicked hop! I hope you're safe and sound. :)