Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Finish!

Believe it or not I actually finished something. A few weeks ago I mentioned getting back to an old project, thinking it would only take a few days. Weeks later..... It wasn't quite as easy as I thought. It is a tiny project from 1998 that I'd completely forgotten about. It is a Mother's Day card with a cross stitch insert from a UK magazine called Cross Stitch Collection. I believe the kit was included with the magazine, but I'm not sure. As small as it is, it's not an easy project, so I was going slowly. Then, just as I was finishing I ran short of one of the colors of thread. I couldn't find the thread around here and didn't want to order it and spend 50 cents for the thread and $5.00 for the postage. I called my sister in Texas and asked her to get it and mail it to me-Thanks Linda! So here it is-a lot of aggravation for something that small. I'll send it to my MIL for Mother's Day. Sadly, my own mother died in 1997.




Doesn't seem like much does it? But it is a sweet little card and I think my MIL will appreciate it.

Next thing is that I finished this month's third and last stitchery for TTS. Now I have to do the borders for all three and I'll be all caught up. I'm gradually getting better at it as I go. The back still looks bad, but not as bad!







Tonight we switch to Daylight Savings Time. Which means that spring is coming. We have a bit of spring around here. Not only has all the snow melted, but we have crocuses blooming!


No comments: