Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sons and cats

It just hit me that it is only four days until #2 son's birthday. I have been planning on making him a throw pillow for his apartment using this pattern.


It's called Stalker and is by Helene Knott. It's part of her Garden Cats series and I just love it. I also have Eggplant Purrmesan. All the patterns are of cats as vegetables. I'd love to do a whole quilt with a bunch of them. Maybe someday..... Anyway, I purchased the pattern from Over the Rainbow Quilt Shop. I'm hoping that my son Brian likes it as much as I do. He and his girlfriend are both cat lovers-they have two. Anyway, I'd better get busy if I'm going to have it done on time.

The Over the Rainbow shop is about 3000 miles from here. I discovered it doing the FabShopHop. FabShopHop is basically a form of advertising for quilt stores and related businesses. The advantage to the hoppers (like me) is that I find out about a lot of different quilt shops and try to win some nice prizes. A few years ago-2003?- I won the grand prize, a Bernina Sewing machine. These days there's a hop almost every month. If I'm not too busy, I participate.

No comments: